Creating a review
You're ready to create a review! You can create as many reviews as you would like within a portal. Simply click 'Add review' each time you would like to create a new review. This will allow for your portal to be a continual feedback space between you and your client.
- You can now write a custom title for your review and add a description.
- Make sure all of the files exactly as you want them! You can add missing files, add notes to uploaded files and even delete the files you don't need.
- We currently support PNG, JPG, JPEG, TIFF, .MOV and .MP4 files. Please note that currently you will only be able to preview video files under 100mb.
- The security preferences in the top right of your review also allow you to set a password for your portal, as well as disable the ability of your reviewer to actually download the files.
- Then just set whether you'd like your files to be displayed as thumbnails, or as a walkthrough, and we're ready to set your review actions!
Setting an action
We're finally at the nitty gritty of it! Let's set some actions!
When you invite a reviewer to your portal, you can ask them to do one of three things.
View items: This action ensures that you know when your work has been seen by your chosen reviewers.
Favorite items: Ask your reviewers to choose their favorite files.
- Approve items: Get the sign-off that things are good to go!
Download files: Handoff your final assets!
With each of these actions, you will receive a notification of when the action has been completed.
Add comments to your review items
It is possible to add comments to each item within your review. Take your feedback to another level!
- Click on the file you would like to add the comment to
- On the bottom left of the screen click on 'add comment'
- A box will appear for you type and click 'add'
- Your comment and timestamp will be posted for all within the review to see.
There is the option to turn comments and downloads off within your review. Simply toggle the blue button on/off before sending off your review.
How to change a review description and title
With your WeTransfer account you can change the title and description of a review. This is especially helpful if people are leaving reviews with incorrect or misleading information about your service.
When creating your description and title, keep in mind that it will show up as the first line of your client's portal page. It should include any relevant information for potential clients to find out what they need about your service.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to change the title and description of a review. You must have a WeTransfer subscription to make any changes to the portal.
If you have already created your review
- When you’re logged in to your account and you’re in the portals section, click on the Client you would like to write or change a description and title to the review for.
- Click on the review you would like to make changes for. You can do this by clicking on “Reviews” from the left menu and then clicking on a specific Review title.
- Click on “Manage” at the top right corner of the client portal, and a "Manage review" sub-menu will open.
- Click on "Edit review" on the submenu to make changes to your existing reviews.
- To change the title; click on the existing title, delete it, and replace it with a new one.
- To change the review description; click on the existing description, delete it, and replace it with a new one. Once you have finished making the changes to your review title and description, click on “Publish review” and the changes will be updated.
If you have not created a review yet
- When you’re logged in to your account and you’re in the Portals section, click on “Add review.”
- Drag and drop the items you would like to write a review for on the screen. You can also click on “Upload files” and select your desired file(s) to upload if you want to use another upload service.
- Click “Add more items” if you want to add additional files. You can add as many items as you would like to review. Click on "Next".
- With your files are uploaded; you can now add a title of your review by clicking on “Review Title” and typing in the appropriate information for this section. You can also enter any relevant keywords that will help potential clients find out more about your service if they search through the list of available files.
- To complete your review description, click on “Add a description to your review” and type in the appropriate information for this section. Keep in mind that it will be shown as the first line of your client's portal page so try not to use too much text if possible.
- Once you have finished making the changes to your review title and description, click on "View items" and select “Favorite items”. This allows your clients to choose their favorite items from the list of files. Click on "Next".
- To set your required display mode, click on "Thumbnail", then choose between “Thumbnail" or "Walkthrough" modes. The thumbnail mode will display your client's uploaded images as thumbnails, while the walkthrough mode will allow them to scroll through the items and see each image in higher resolution.
- Write a message to your reviewers, asking them to give feedback on your items. The message should be a simple request for feedback that is attached to the review.
- Invite your reviewers by adding their email addresses. If you want to send the invitation to more than one reviewer, click on “add” and add their email addresses. Once you have finished adding your reviewers, click on "Next".
- You are now ready to send out the invitations by clicking on “Publish review”. The portal will be published along with a message sent to each of your reviewers asking them for feedback.
Congratulations! You have successfully submitted your review!
Once the review is published, you will receive an email notification of this update along with any responses from your reviewers. Once you have received all of the reviews for each item, click “View portal” and select “Receive feedback". You can now view all submitted feedback and responses from your reviewers in the portal.