Attention!Notre centre de support est actuellement en train de se refaire une beauté. Pour accéder à l’ensemble de nos articles, merci de visiter notre site en Anglais ici.
Our mobile app for iOS is optimised to upload photos and/or videos from your camera roll easily. Downloading however can be a bit more of a hassle, especially when it comes to .zip files.
Which is why we've created this nifty tutorial:
1. You received an email from us, telling you you've received a transfer. Open the email and tap download, easy-peasy right?
2. Now just one step and you're on the download page: please accept our Terms and Conditions.
3. The moment we've all been waiting for. You can go ahead and tap Download:
5. After downloading this transfer, you should see the following option in your browser if this is a zip file. If this is a single file download, it might be a little trickier. Allow us to explain right here Tap on "Open in...".
And choose WinZip, that is the one we recommend. If you don't have it installed on your iOS device, please download it from the Store. There's a free trial version available.
You can also choose to "Open in WeDownload" if you have that app installed. Don't let the name misguide you: we didn't develop that app therefore it isn't an official WeTransfer download app. If you don't mind paying a few euros or dollars for it, it's a good option as well. WeDownload can also be found on iTunes.
Now let's get back to opening it in WinZip.
6. After tapping on "Copy to WinZip", the app opens and you'll see your files, unzipped and ready to be opened.
7. You can find the .zip file in your WinZip app. To save them directly on your phone, you'll need to upgrade your WinZip app. With the free trial you can however look at the files and save them, by selecting them one by one. A bit of a hassle, but free.
This tutorial was done using an iPhone 7 smart phone with iOS 10.1.1. The steps will be similar on other iOS devices (smartphones and tablets). You will need to have WinZip for iOS on your device.
If you have problems with the WinZip app, please contact the support of WinZip (firstname.lastname@example.org). WeTransfer Support can't fix that for you. Thanks!