Our mobile app for Android is optimised to upload any kind of file from anywhere on your phone. Downloading however can be a bit more of a hassle, especially when it comes to .zip files.
Which is why we've created this nifty tutorial:
1. You received an email from us, telling you you've received a transfer. Open it and tap download, easy-peasy right?
If you don't have an app yet to extract zip files, we recommend that you download 'ES File Explorer'. It's for free! Yeay!
2. Now just one step and you're on the download page: please accept our Terms and Conditions.
3. Please wait until the download page is fully loaded then tap download. Here's a picture of what the download page may look like:
Now you can tap 'Download'! Just like our platform on a desktop, you can pick whether to download all files in one zip file or seperately.
4. On some devices it may look like nothing's happening when you click download, but your progress bar should indicate you are downloading. Another neat arrow is added in the picture below, to show you where you can see you are actually downloading.
5. When the download is done, you can tap on the file name in the progress bar or by directly going to your Downloads folder and looking up the zip file.
6. If you've downloaded all files as a Zip file and have the Winzip app installed, you'll be given the option to open the zip with it. With Winzip you can open the files for preview by tapping on them or you can extract the files from the zip file in a desired location.
This tutorial was done using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone with Android 6.0.1. The steps will be similar on other Android devices (smartphones and tablets). You will need to have the ES File Explorer or WinZip for Android on your device to handle Zip files.
If you have problems with the WinZip app, please contact the support of WinZip (email@example.com). WeTransfer Support can't fix that for you. Thanks!